Injuries happen from time to time, even when you have the best kayak accessories. You don’t want to be out on the water without a basic first aid kit. Every kit will be a little bit different, and no kit will be perfect. Here are our recommendations for the best first aid kit for kayaking. You may want to add some things to these kits, or take some of the ideas to build your own. We aren’t going to list every item included, as it would take up the entire page, but we will list some of the unusual things and whether the kit is waterproof. Our rankings will be based on overall reviews and usefulness for kayaking.
1. DeftGet First Aid Kit – 163 Piece – Shop Now
- 8.2″ W x 5.1″ L x 2″ D
- Flashlight, whistle, emergency blanket, saber card, assorted bandages and wipes
2. Surviveware Small First Aid Kit – 100 piece – Shop Now
- Water-resistant bag, resealable waterproof inner bags
- 7.5″ W x 5.5 ” L x 3.5″ H
- Labelled sections inside bag
- Whistle, emergency blanket, CPR mask & instructions, assorted bandages and wipes
3. Delta Provision First Aid Kit – 154 piece – Shop Now
- 9″ H x 6″ L x 3″ W
- Compass, whistle, emergency blanket, waterproof bandages, assorted pads and bandages
4. Deftget Compact First Aid Kit – Mini Survival Tools Box – 160 piece – Shop Now
- 8″ W x 5.5″ L x 2.7″ H
- Smaller medical kit, but some interesting additional items
- Whistle, multifunction tool, flashlight, sewing kit, poncho, emergency blanket, assorted wipes and bandages
5. Swiss Safe 2-in-1 First Aid Kit – 152 piece – Shop Now
- Water resistant nylon case
- 120 piece main kit, 32 piece mini kit
- 9″ W x 6″ L x 3″ H
- Compass, whistle, glow stick, CPR mask, ice pack, emergency blanket, assorted wipes and bandages
- Highly rated, and high number of reviews, ranked lower than others due to not waterproof.
So there you have our best first aid kit for kayaking rankings. I had gotten a nylon case kit donated to me at one time, and I always worried about it getting mold or moisture on the case and not noticing it until it was a problem. Because of this, I personally lean towards the waterproof cases, but some of the nylon case kits are very highly rated and worth mentioning. I hope that this is helpful!
Have you used one of these cases, or is there a kit that you recommend? Leave a comment to let us know!